ebook apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chipNdale, Mar 14, 2009.

1. chipNdale macrumors member

hello!

I was wondering what app can you recommend for ebook viewing.... I have ebboks saved at my comp in pdf file is there any app in that could accomodate my saved pdf ebooks?
    thanks!

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Stanza is one of the best ebook apps. The amazon kindle app was also released last week, I believe, but you cannot purchase ebooks from that app. Stanza has it's own link to stores so you can download many ebooks directly on iPod, including free ones too.

3. dmiller macrumors member

I have Stanza, but rarely use it. Not sure if you can read PDF files on it though but it is good to have a couple books at your fingertips which Stanza provides.

I know there is the Kindle app as well as one called eReader I think.

4. thansher01 macrumors newbie

hi. I am using Stanza right now. visit this website (http://www.lexcycle.com/faq/how_to_get_books_onto_stanza_iphone) and follow the simple steps on how you can transfer your ebooks from your PC to your iPod touch.

i should remind you, you must have a router to transfer the files.

goodluck!

5. niblum10 macrumors member

i use stanza, and it is a perfect way to read ebooks on the ipod. the desktop app that stanza made converts pdfs so that they can be transferred to the ipod touch/iphone. check out their website for specifics

6. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys!
    am gonna try it out...
    i already have the stanza app...
    currently downloading the desktop app.. hopefully the PDFs can be accomodated.. keep you all posted...

rgds!
    chipNdale

7. zen macrumors 68000

zen

For PDFs on the iPhone/iPod touch, I think the easiest way to read them is just email them to yourself. You can open the PDF attachment with no trouble.

As I understand it, there is no specific PDF reader app for the iPhone/iPod touch?

Stanza is a great app and is free, but it has some odd formatting issues (ragged right instead of justified I think) and doesn't like certain symbols like en or em dashes.

For my own eBook (a steampunk novella, The Devil in Chains) I went with Legends, mainly because of the formatting and because the reader and the content are a single app. I know some people don't like this concept, but I've also made my novella available as a PDF as well :cool: