eBook reader that syncs place automatically like iBooks?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by yegon, May 7, 2011.

1. yegon macrumors 68020

iBooks is fine on the iPad but, due to the amount of screen real estate wasted, is utterly woeful on the iPhone. A fine example of Apple at their worst, style absolutely over content - do we REALLY need all that margin space either side, page number and the name of the book you're reading permanently displayed on such a small screen? Of course not.

Stanza is great on the iPhone but doesn't sync furthest read/current place automatically between iPad/iPhone so I've grudgingly used iBooks on my iPhone for ages now. Are there any third party ebook reader that do this? I'm willingly to pay for the privilege dagnabbit!

2. DocGo macrumors member

I use the Kindle app in my iPhone, iPad and MBA. They are all in-sync so any device I use will get to the most recent page where I left off.

3. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Kindle is the only reader that fits in what you are looking for.

Plus it is full screen all the time exept when you tap to display book info and interface. I use and sync it between my iPhone, Desktop, and Kindle 2. Plus the book library is much larger than iBooks :D

4. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Oh yeah, forgot about the Kindle app, thanks. Unfortunately, I seem to remember the place syncing only works with books bought in the Kindle store, and nearly all my books have been purchased elsewhere.