Ebooks

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by SimmIsengard, Feb 4, 2008.

1. SimmIsengard macrumors newbie

I installed two diffrent ebook apps on installer and got some books from the chriss repo and the one on installer.

Now are they supposed to automatically appear when i launch the ebook app or do I need to do something else?

2. SimmIsengard thread starter macrumors newbie

Anybody have an answer? I still can't find a definitive answer to this question.

3. xinfinity macrumors newbie

4. evilgreg macrumors regular

evilgreg

what is chriss repo, and what is the name of both the ebook apps?

5. SimmIsengard thread starter macrumors newbie

chriss.brandonsgames.com/index.xml is the other book repo I have used, and I have used Books.app and BooksJ.app still when I download a book the apps do not see the file.

Also if it means anything, when I explored my Touch using squid I cant find a folder in var/root/ that would store any ebooks.

6. roymcavoy macrumors newbie

do you have both ebook apps installed? I only have books.app and all of the ebooks appear automatically. They go to /Media/ebooks.

7. SimmIsengard thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess i need to explore and make a /var/media/ebooks folder cause when I pull one off of installer they don't appear in books.app or even squid.

8. Feetmaster macrumors newbie

I have the same problem here. I used books.app in ver 1.1.2. and it worked perfectly. Now the upgrade to 1.1.3. the ebooks I downloaded from chriss appear in var/root/media/ebooks but they can not be selected in the books.app program.

The same goes for PDF files. I've created a PDF folder in media and transferred PDF files there (Total Commander) but they also do not appear in the PDF viewer.

Anyone have an idea ? or perhaps a different ebook reader ?