eBooks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by davidy, Feb 27, 2008.

1. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

There had been previous discussions regarding a desire to be able to read books on the iPhone/iPod touch. Although this isn't something that I have any interest in, I did find this application that reportedly does just that http://code.google.com/p/iphoneebooks/

I don't plan on installing it to test it but if it works as described, it's probably a pretty good application.

It apparently loads as a native application (another reason for me not to try it) and reads any type of text or html of any length that the touch can hold.

If anyone wants to try it out, a report back would be appreciated.

2. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

When you said "native application" I took that to mean you didn't have to jailbreak the Touch to get it to work.

An ebook reader is by far one of the apps I'm most looking forward to, but I'm not going to jailbreak just for that. I imagine we'll get one fairly quickly one the SDK is officially released.

Thanks for the info though! :)

3. davidy thread starter macrumors 6502

davidy

I hadn't read the entire website so I must confess that it does appear that jailbreaking is required for this app. I don't suggest jailbreaking for anybody, but for those who are more adventuresome and want this application, go for it.