Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Digitalzoom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Gloucester, UK
Anybody know if this is true?
Just read a entry on Digg about ebuyer in financial trouble.
I've used them quite a bit - not great but pretty cheap!
I called them earlier today as I have a order with them which is taking longer to process than normal & nobody is answering the phone! :(

danielbriggs

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
I use them all the time!
Fine for the past 2 years. Ordered something on Tuesday afternoon, arrived Wednesday morning.
Spoke to them today. Super!

I sure hope not.

Also, just because one rival says they are in financial trouble, dosen't mean they ARE.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
They better not be but it wouldnt surprise me if they are, there are lots of cheaper opions now easily accessible on the intrernet.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
One of their main warehouses was in Sheffield UK and it has closed down so it aint looking good. I used to use them more than anyone else. :(

somabc

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2006
Thats just great i am in the middle of trying to get them to replace my broken laptop

deepy

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2006
I used to really like them. They had a very large selection of products, very good prices and, my favourite part, the fact you could choose different shipping bands to make shipping cheaper or quicker.

Now I dont see the prices being cheaper or the selection being that great. Still quite like the shipping thing though. I'm now too used to using scan.co.uk.

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2004
The Ebuyer website doesn't even work properly on macs, it's impossible to navigate and the search function doesn't work. Check it out on a Windows machine then compare it to OS X.

Pretty dumb considering they sell Macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.