Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riley-Freeman

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2010
Toronto (2019 NBA WORLD CHAMPS)
Anyone get it to work? They say there is an update but i am on WatchOS 6 so i don't see an update. I am wondering if it's one of those things where i gotta delete the profile and restart a bunch of times.

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2017
Anyone get it to work? They say there is an update but i am on WatchOS 6 so i don't see an update. I am wondering if it's one of those things where i gotta delete the profile and restart a bunch of times.

I'm downloading the update now. It's 5.3. I'll let you know if ECG works once I get it installed. I'm not sure if you're on 6 beta, if you delete the profile you can revert back to 5.XX. I'd think you can by deleting the profile and wiping, re-pairing the watch.

Riley-Freeman

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2010
Toronto (2019 NBA WORLD CHAMPS)
I'm downloading the update now. It's 5.3. I'll let you know if ECG works once I get it installed. I'm not sure if you're on 6 beta, if you delete the profile you can revert back to 5.XX. I'd think you can by deleting the profile and wiping, re-pairing the watch.

I seem to recall seeing previous post that you cant downgrade the watch. you have to basically have apple replace it. Can't remember where i saw it though.

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2017
I seem to recall seeing previous post that you cant downgrade the watch. you have to basically have apple replace it. Can't remember where i saw it though.

I'm not sure if that applies to betas on WatchOS. Perhaps there is something on the beta website that explains it.

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2017

Ok, ECG is now available on the watch. I first downloaded 5.3 and I couldn't find it. I then downloaded 5.4 for iPhone and I did find it, so I think you need to also download iPhone 5.4.

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2017
I've tried it now and it works great. Glad Canada finally got this feature.

Hi Tek

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
Canada, Hali
Installed iOS 12.4 + watchOS 5.2
Ran a ECG test
Sinus Rhythm.

Watching the test happen on your wrist is SO cool watching your heart rhythm live in real time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.