ECG does not work

dor2201

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2015
Israel
I have an Apple Watch Series 4 that I bought in France.
I live in Israel.
I updated my iPhone to iOS 12.2 and WatchOS 5.2.
I am trying to activate the function of ECG and it writes to me as in the picture.
I tried to change my settings and it did not work :(

Attachments

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
pretty sure it wont work in the UK too..although I don't see why they can't use it, just uncertified. To me it makes no sense to remove it. You can buy any number of 'health supplements' that have no certified benefits at all, but they still sell them.

mrklaw

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2008
I'm in the UK and the app appears on my watch, it takes me through setup on the iphone in the health section - but when it says 'do a test run' I can't open it from my watch - looks like the icon is greyed out? Tried restarting the watch but still the same.

Should be supported in the UK and I don't get the message the OP posted. If I skip the test run it completes the setup but still the app won't launch from the watch

Dino F

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK

BillGates1969

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Bournemouth
I'm in the UK and the app appears on my watch, it takes me through setup on the iphone in the health section - but when it says 'do a test run' I can't open it from my watch - looks like the icon is greyed out? Tried restarting the watch but still the same.

Should be supported in the UK and I don't get the message the OP posted. If I skip the test run it completes the setup but still the app won't launch from the watch
I think others have noted that if you open the heart app on the watch that will activate it