ECG / EKG test surprise you? Did it alert you on issue?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by PracticalMac, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:41 PM.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Still updating, but for those who did and tested, anything interesting on your ECG?

2. sslade6752 macrumors member

Mine is normal I get slow heart rates a lot and in the doctors office I get voltage criteria for lvh

Attached Files:

3. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

4. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

In each of tests, my my t-waves are inverted and yet sinus rhythm...not sure if that should raise any red flags :eek:

Attached Files:

5. hull22 macrumors member

that's because you're probably using it on the wrong arm or not telling the watch app which are you're using. The QRS is also inverted, meaning the polarity is reversed. Try switching arms or fixed the setting.

6. decypher44 macrumors regular

decypher44

7. Solver macrumors 6502a

Try making sure the watch is snug and don’t move in those 30 seconds.

8. Knight3 macrumors regular

Did you place your arm on a table or on your lap? Or were you just holding your arm in the air while you were taking your ECG?

9. ChunkAhoy macrumors member

ChunkAhoy

No... this is a ground problem. Touch blumbing pipes or put watter on your feets.... add salt. Should solve it.

10. MacintoshDan macrumors 6502

I got one inconclusive but I was pushing it too hard making the watch lift off of my wrist.

11. fastblack macrumors regular

My heartrate was under 50bpm the first time. Had to stand up and take it again and got a sinus rhythm.

12. richard371 macrumors 68020

The watch definitely need to be pretty snug on the wrist. Snugger then I usually wear it.

13. decypher44 macrumors regular

decypher44

Third time’s a charm. Not sure why the first two didn’t work. I take my BP often, so I’m used to the resting position. Maybe just a quirk.

14. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

This was the culprit although I don’t know how in the world it had been switched to the wrong wrist. Crisis adverted. Thanks!

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

As expected mine is normal and have set it up for alerts. Other than that I doubt I will use it very often.

It can be a life saver for those who did not know.

Glad Apple finally got it released to stop all the whining!!!

16. gymratjudy macrumors member

I have the same thing. Went thru a battery of test quite a few years ago because my ekgs always looked abnormal like that. End result-totally healthy but have a weird shaped heart.

17. hull22 macrumors member

T wave inversions can be a normal variant. Also, it says nothing about the "shape" of your heart.

18. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Finally updated! (not only watch, but iPhone too!)

I am amazed by the technology, the miniaturization of everything and power efficiency to do this! And get almost 2 days battery life from watch!

Had no problem getting my ECG. Needs only a light touch.
    Showing to my wife as well, and she had to touch my finger, and it caused the ECG to go erratic, obviously very sensitive.
    She though it was my heart had problem, I told her it was her making my heart go crazy. :p:cool:

19. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

Not only the T waves are inverted, the P and the QRS are also upside down, you have it backwards, change the arm or the setting.

Yes, this!

No, it is on the wrong arm.

20. Chuck Kostalnick macrumors demi-god

Chuck Kostalnick

You must've missed all the comment's on yesterday's MacRumors post about the ECG app. Folks outside of the US were losing their minds in the comments that the ECG App, which Jeff Williams announced as a US-Only feature, wasn't available outside of the US. Absolute madness, tgif.

21. dojoman macrumors 65816

ECG is on the watch is quite amazing it works better than Alivecor. I had Alivecor briefly it's very sensitive to movement but Watch can read the waves much quicker.

22. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

Mine worked fine first time. My T waves are inverted, but they always are (left ventricle conduction delay). Will be interesting to see how it reacts when my PVC's start flowing...

23. Tom G. macrumors 68010

Tom G.

The only thing that surprised me was how easily the thing worked. I expected that there would be a struggle to get it to work and there wasn’t. As with most Apple things “it just worked.”

24. gymratjudy macrumors member

It wasn’t the EKG that showed the shape oof my heart. I said I went through a battery of tests. They did an transesophageal echo test.