ECG not showing up in Health app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by xjohn, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:15 PM.

1. xjohn macrumors regular

So the watch tells me to open up the health app, but the "tutorial" doesn't show up.

This Apple support doc (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208955) says to look for ECG manually in the health app if that happens, but it's not there.

Here's my info:
    -I have an Apple Watch Series 4 from the US (just updated to 5.1.2)
    -I have an iPhone X from the US running 12.1.1 (enrolled in the public beta and updated to latest version)
    -I live in China, but both the watch and phone have their region set to the US

I'm wondering if the reason it's not showing up could be due to either a) the fact that I'm physically in China, or b) the fact that the phone is on the public beta. The only other thing I can think of is that I replaced a broken screen (but not the phone body) in an Apple store in China.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

It’s the beta. Remove your beta profile and you’ll be prompted to install the release version. That should do it. Your watch should be ok since you bought it in the US.

3. dporter15 macrumors member

dporter15

O
    Perfect! Thank you so much for this! I couldn’t understand what I was doing wrong.

4. xjohn thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!!

5. Luxceleritas macrumors newbie

Had the same problem. Called Apple support and that’s what they told me to do, remove beta profile. That fixed it after the non beta 12.1.1 was installed.

6. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

Didn’t work for me. Did you restart phone or watch after deleting the profile?

7. thebrick macrumors regular

thebrick

If your Apple watch is purchased out of the U.S., simply changing region wouldn’t work. All my friends who purchased Apple Watch from the U.S. Apple store successfully activated ECG no matter what region they are and country they’ve set. It has to be purchased in the U.S. territory. I’m suspecting it being tied to a serial number or something

8. xjohn thread starter macrumors regular

Worked for me after removing profile and then installing the release version of 12.1.1.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:18 PM ---
    It is a US watch. I actually had first bought a watch in China but returned it because the Walkie-Talkie function is also disabled here.

9. baylanger macrumors newbie

If you have a profile, remove it. I did reboot but not sure if needed. Then you have to go in Software Update and "insist" / wait for the official 12.1.1 release to show up as an update.

10. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

That was it - I didn't realize there was also an iOS update. Thanks!

11. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I also had to do the iOS non-beta version of 12.1.1. I downloaded the firmware, then did an iTunes Shift update to force a reinstall of iOS 12.1.1 but the non-beta version.