ECG problems AGAIN with series 4?

seeforyourself

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2014
Hey guys!

I had issues with my original series 4 no gps 4 months ago. The ecg wouldn’t even recognize any finger and would say “place finger on crown” and didn’t work. It worked though when I first got it.

apple made me reset the device from scratch and restore it. That didn’t fix it so they sent it off to repair and they said that the ecg sensor broke and they winded up giving me a brand new replacement.

Now I tried it today with my Apple Watch and it will work but it will keep resetting saying “detection error”. My fingers are clean and so is my watch. I’m not sure why I’m having so many issues with the ecg sensor. My boyfriend has the same watch and my finger works on his and he’s also having issues using his finger as well.
And yes, the watch is snug on my wrist.

is anyone else having these issues?!

seeforyourself

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2014
Hey guys!

I had issues with my original series 4 no gps 4 months ago. The ecg wouldn’t even recognize any finger and would say “place finger on crown” and didn’t work. It worked though when I first got it.

apple made me reset the device from scratch and restore it. That didn’t fix it so they sent it off to repair and they said that the ecg sensor broke and they winded up giving me a brand new replacement.

Now I tried it today with my Apple Watch and it will work but it will keep resetting saying “detection error”. My fingers are clean and so is my watch. I’m not sure why I’m having so many issues with the ecg sensor. My boyfriend has the same watch and my finger works on his and he’s also having issues using his finger as well.
And yes, the watch is snug on my wrist.

is anyone else having these issues?!
You've probably thought about this already, but did you two accidentally switch watches?
No his is space grey with LTE and mine is silver non LTE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.