Echo when using headset with new iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clandherr, Oct 23, 2011.

1. clandherr macrumors newbie

Callers are experience very bad reverb/echo whenever I am using a headset with my new 32G black iPhone 4S. I have been noticing the blogs on apple's website are filled with other customers complaining of the same issue.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? If so, please help.

Thanks

2. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

I haven't had any issues like this. Your mic in your phone may be bad. Get it checked out at the Apple Doctor.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Wired headset or BT? If wired, make sure the mic is shutting off in the phone itself (e.g. tap the phone top & bottom - both mics - to see if you or the caller hear the tapping). If those mics are still active, either the headset isn't plugged in all the way or you have a bad headset (or jack).

4. clandherr thread starter macrumors newbie

I met with apple yesterday and it is definitely a flaw in IOS 5. Apple is aware of the problem and they are hoping this issue will be fixed with the next software update.

The headsets work fine for several minutes. But anywhere from 5-10 minutes into the call it just starts to happen. It is not a hardware issue but a software one.

5. Robeeboy61 macrumors newbie

Echo Issue

I too had the same echo issue as has others from around the world. Numerous complaints are in Apple forums. It is clearly a defect with the phone. I returned mine while I still could back in December, since nobody at Apple or Verizon wanted to acknowledge there is an issue with the phone. Just realized this morning I was locked out of the Apple forum discussion concerning the echo issue. Received an email notification after someone blogged that they were going to take this issue to the media and to other phone manufatcurers since Apple chooses to remain mute on this subject. Geez imagine that!!

6. Dorsey macrumors newbie

Any update on this?

I was thinking of switching over to 4S from Blackberry for business use but this would really put me off as I need no interference when talking to clients.