Ecoute could be an iTunes replacement?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Trance, May 20, 2012.

1. Quotenfrau macrumors 6502

Quotenfrau

there are so many iTunes alternatives (some Open Source). But they all lack iOS and iPod sync support... :mad:

2. finalcut macrumors 6502

Ecoute is a good music app but doesn't play Apple Lossless format. I bought but replaced it by Sonora which is way better IMO. Sonora is in the MAS for your info

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. umbilical macrumors 6502a

iTunes is the best for me in organization, so cool GUI, etc... etc... BUT!!!!! dont read flac and I dont like covert my flacs to alac, and I think apple never open to flac

ecoute looks so cool but is based on the itunes library? so just work with itunes

now I use "clementine" and is very ugly etc... but can play the flacs

but in general my collection is a disaster, just folders and folders, Im waiting for have the same functionality of itunes but that read flac...

----------

I study programming, I hope someday can make a real app, I have in mind how but my skills for do it are too low for now.

I really dont understand, if the guys of Ecoute can make things like, so pretty and funcional why can do a real beast? a app like itunes that read all formats, and even read .cue and even read SACD backups etc... etc... etc... Im an audiophile I know what audiophiles need!!!

5. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

6. subroutines macrumors newbie

Thanks I am definitely in the market for a free audio player. :)