Ecoute could be an iTunes replacement?

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
there are so many iTunes alternatives (some Open Source). But they all lack iOS and iPod sync support... :mad:

finalcut

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Quebec, Canada
Ecoute is a good music app but doesn't play Apple Lossless format. I bought but replaced it by Sonora which is way better IMO. Sonora is in the MAS for your info

umbilical

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
iTunes is the best for me in organization, so cool GUI, etc... etc... BUT!!!!! dont read flac and I dont like covert my flacs to alac, and I think apple never open to flac

ecoute looks so cool but is based on the itunes library? so just work with itunes

now I use "clementine" and is very ugly etc... but can play the flacs

but in general my collection is a disaster, just folders and folders, Im waiting for have the same functionality of itunes but that read flac...

----------

thoughts?
I study programming, I hope someday can make a real app, I have in mind how but my skills for do it are too low for now.

I really dont understand, if the guys of Ecoute can make things like, so pretty and funcional why can do a real beast? a app like itunes that read all formats, and even read .cue and even read SACD backups etc... etc... etc... Im an audiophile I know what audiophiles need!!!