Eddie Izzard at Regent St Apple Store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stampyhead, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

He was there tonight at 9:00. Did anyone here make it inside? My wife and I were going to try, but they said they were only letting in around 50 people, and there were already more than that in line when we got there. So if anyone on here made it inside let us know how it was!

2. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Was it a performance, or was he just there shopping? Either way, it's bizarre to me.

That said, I would love to meet Eddie!

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I would have immediately passed out through having my awesome cortex overstimulated.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

That's the problem with the US Stores. We just don't get Executive Transvestites here. Or good James Mason impersonations. We're just basically cultureless all around.

Ciao!

5. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Looked like it might have been fun. Amstell is rather funny IMO. I don't really rate Izzard nowadays.

6. Stampyhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Yeah, even though it was just an interview I think it would have been fun to see. Eddie is my all-time favourite comedian. I wonder if they'll broadcast the interview anywhere?

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

8. sparkyms macrumors 65816

In all honesty, I'm glad I saw Eddie at his small warm up shows before he did his residency for that month in London, tiny little theatre in Frome.. and the funniest 2 hours I've had since I first watched Glorious.

Wanted to see him do Stripped again but most of the venues are £30plus, and I just cant afford that right now... Hopefully there'll be tickets available closer to the shows.

9. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Have to admit Eddie Izzard isn't the type of celebrity that makes me want to drop everything and rush to Regent Street to get a glimpse..

10. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Or a cat, a mouse, a monkey, a table, and a chair, looking for a heavily wooded area?

11. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

That is one of the funniest moments in stand up comedy.

“Mais la souris est en dessous de la table, le chat est sur la chaise, et le singe… le singe est disparu''

''Oh, le singe est là-bas. Regarde! Il est sur une bicyclette, il joue au banjo, il fume une pipe. Maintenant il arrête, il lit un journau, il lit un journau… I see… et maintenant il est dans l'autobus, dans l’autobus… il conduit l'autobus, and et Sandra Bullock est dans l'autobus. Il y a une bombe dans l'autobus. Il faut conduire l'autobus plus de cinquante kilomètres par l'heure, et Keanu Reeves, il arrive dans la voiture… il n'a pas de cheveux, et Jeff Daniels est déjà mort. Et regarde! Il essaie à se jette dans l'autobus. Et Dennis Hopper, oh, Dennis Hopper, quel méchant!''

12. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Did any of you catch him on his last tour?

He had a whole bit on Macs in there; I almost posted about it the next day, but never got around to it.

The gist of it, from what little I remember, was the whole running joke we have around here about things being "zippier" after point upgrades...

13. sparkyms macrumors 65816

14. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I made my highly prudish Southern Baptist mother watch all of Dressed to Kill over Christmas. She couldn't stop laughing.