Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple senior executive Eddy Cue, who oversees the company's services and worldwide video programming divisions, is selling his beautiful and luxurious vacation home near Lake Tahoe, according to Realtor.com.

eddy-cue-tahoe-1.jpg

The report claims Cue recently placed the 7,900-square-foot home, located on a 1.7-acre property within a golf and ski community in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, on the market for $11.9 million. Cue reportedly purchased the land for $1.2 million in 2010, according to property records filed with Nevada County.

eddy-cue-tahoe-2.jpg

eddy-cue-tahoe-3.jpg

Photos of the home and surrounding landscape look equally as gorgeous. Here's how Realtor.com describes the inside:
Completed in 2015, the retreat sits on 1.7 acres and has five bedrooms and six bathrooms. Glass walls line the back of the home, offering mountain views and easy access to patios and decks.

In addition to a living room with fireplace, open kitchen, and dining space, the home includes a rec room with a wet bar, a wine room, and a massive master suite with a sitting area, fireplace, and sliding doors that open to a patio.
The golf and ski community is about a four-hour drive from Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, California, according to Apple Maps, which Cue oversees alongside Siri, iCloud, Apple Music, Apple Pay, and the iTunes Store.

Article Link: Eddy Cue Selling His Gorgeous Vacation Home Near Lake Tahoe for $12 Million

555gallardo

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2016
Slovakia
Eddy, this is what happens when you're unable to materialize the Apple TV Premium service and buy outdated shows such as Carpool Karaoke instead. :p

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
now that's funny LOL, but it shows your age?

Yes, I'll turn 172 in September.;)

Actually, just (re)discovered that show on ME-TV. I could recall my uncles loving it when I was a little kid (which means they were probably watching reruns too) and tuned in to a few episodes. It was a regular top 10 show for most of the 60s. And it's a classic that way, with generally a whole story in an hour and mostly happy endings... except for any love interests of any of the lead cast. Spoiler Alert: such women might as well have been wearing Star Trek RED shirts, if you know what I mean.

Looking at Cue's home, could that NOT be the home site of Bonanza: the next, next, next, NEXT generation? Maybe Cue sold the home to iTunes Original TV productions. Look for casting soon for Little Joe Jr, Jr, Jr, Jr and Hoss the 6th. ;)

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
but why so cheap?
It’s not. Sounds about right. It’s not Aspen. $12M there gets you a small townhome.

I’m curious if his listing price is furnished or not. If it is, I’d consider it a fair deal, being a remote property.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
You can tell that Ive didn't design this house.

Right, because only this guy's family could actually live in an Ive-created design...

honey-i-shrunk-the-kids.jpg

...or maybe someone with Pym particles. ;)

And then for only 2 or 3 years before they'd need to further shrink themselves or move out because they could no longer fit.

Last edited:

RogerWilco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Not to worry, Apple is building a magnetically-levitated structure that will house all top-tier executives. It will float above the center of the existing spaceship campus and feature AR "vacation" rooms so none of them have to travel away from their true home. Family and/or conjugal visits will be allowed for the VPs that meet their plan.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
hopefully it's a sign he's getting fired.

I don't follow... his annual salary is $25M and he has a net worth of $200M. This home isn't nothing for him, but it's not that much, either. It's not like he's stretching himself and depends on his income to afford it - he could easily invest his net worth and buy a house like this every year using just the increase in value. I assume he owns it outright and doesn't have a mortgage.
https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/business-executives/eddy-cue-net-worth/

Reactions: Ulisescm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.