Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
or is it my phone?? :eek: I'm having tons of trouble loading anything over EDGE today - I keep getting "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding."

Anyone else having problems with EDGE, in Boston or otherwise?

DPA

macrumors 65816
Wirelessly posted (David's Black 16GB iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

It may be a temporoary problem with AT&T towers today. If you really want an answer, you can call them and ask if there was maintenance going on today.

David

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Yes, that's a good idea. I'll do so if I'm still having problems tonight. I just really hope it's not my phone acting up.

Babiipiink

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2008
i've been having the same problem all weekend. I get that little circle and then i cant connect to the internet. I keep turning my phone off and on to try to refresh the connection.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
i've been having the same problem all weekend. I get that little circle and then i cant connect to the internet. I keep turning my phone off and on to try to refresh the connection.

I've tried restarting too, with no success. Are you on an EDGE iphone? And what geographic location?

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
update: spoke to AT&T and they say it's not their network (I'm shocked that they'd take that position, by the way). So I guess it's my beloved iphone?? :(

Ok, another update - I think this is a safari problem, not a network connection problem. I can still access other online applications just fine. My iphone's safari has not skipped a beat in 18 months and now I have all this trouble. I've cleared cache/history/cookies to no effect. I've also restarted the phone. Suggestions?

edit: I think I was wrong. I think it is the internet connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.