EDGE having problems? (Boston area)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by QCassidy352, Feb 23, 2009.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

or is it my phone?? :eek: I'm having tons of trouble loading anything over EDGE today - I keep getting "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding."

Anyone else having problems with EDGE, in Boston or otherwise?

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Wirelessly posted (David's Black 16GB iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

It may be a temporoary problem with AT&T towers today. If you really want an answer, you can call them and ask if there was maintenance going on today.

David

3. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Yes, that's a good idea. I'll do so if I'm still having problems tonight. I just really hope it's not my phone acting up.

4. Babiipiink macrumors member

i've been having the same problem all weekend. I get that little circle and then i cant connect to the internet. I keep turning my phone off and on to try to refresh the connection.

5. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I've tried restarting too, with no success. Are you on an EDGE iphone? And what geographic location?

6. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

update: spoke to AT&T and they say it's not their network (I'm shocked that they'd take that position, by the way). So I guess it's my beloved iphone?? :(

Ok, another update - I think this is a safari problem, not a network connection problem. I can still access other online applications just fine. My iphone's safari has not skipped a beat in 18 months and now I have all this trouble. I've cleared cache/history/cookies to no effect. I've also restarted the phone. Suggestions?

edit: I think I was wrong. I think it is the internet connection.