EDGE in Mexico

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elvingomez, Jul 27, 2007.

1. elvingomez macrumors newbie

I used EDGE in Cabo San Lucas, it was VERRRYYYY slow, but looks like its not coming up on my bill, not even the log. It shows that i used it before my trip, and then right when i got back... i was expecting to be charged...... so, just some info for people looking to goto mexico with the iphone

2. loudestnoise macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

I just spent a week in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico (northern Mexico) but was afraid to use iPhone on EDGE because I figured it would cost extra. That being said I did pop it out a few times and while friends were checking it out I think they might have used some EDGE. One time when switching between a WiFi network I got the "EDGE could not be activated", so I'm not even sure all the places I was had EDGE at all. I was jumping between Movistar and Telcel GSM networks.

3. ferchu in mex macrumors newbie

iPhone in Mex

Hello people, I am most of the times in Nuevo laredo Mex,, sometimes a travekl to Monterrey, and I have taken my phone with me. This past trip I had to use the internet over the EDGE network.. I didnt wanted to because I dont know exactly how I was going to be charged by ATT, but anywys.. it work normal like in the US. Also.. while in Mexico.. I was receiving calls.. it sayed "blocked" on the caller ID, but diodnt answer, because I know it was going to be roaming charges.. I just answewr one.. just to se how it was going to look on my bill.. another thing.. is tat when I am in Nuevo Laredo Mexico... when near the river/borderline.. I get pretty good ATT signal.. onece I move like a mile or so.. I star to get the Telcel GSM signal.. I actually one time got the Movistar signal.. but well we'll se what happens!

Saludos desde Mexico!