EDGE menu gone from 1.1.1, other Way around?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ghostshadow777, Nov 5, 2007.

1. ghostshadow777 macrumors member

ghostshadow777

I have two 1.1.1 iPhones, one of them factory fresh on AT&T network. The other one was unlocked with AnySim 1.1 and I would like to use it on T-Mobile sometimes. On both of them, there are no EDGE menu in Setting>General>Network, what's the deal? I thought they used to be there. So what should I do if I need to enter the APN network names and password. Any help is appreciated. :)

2. MR2nice macrumors newbie

The 1.1.1 firmware has changed this to "Data Roaming" ON/OFF

3. ghostshadow777 thread starter macrumors member

ghostshadow777

Yes but I am looking for ways to enter the APN and user name and password, like in 1.0.2. Like if I signed up for TMo's 19.99 data plan, I need an area to enter the "internet2.voicestream.com" for TMo. Thanks!

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

under settings > general > network > edge

you can enter an APN
    i use a tmobile blackberry plan and mine is wap.voicestream.com

5. ghostshadow777 thread starter macrumors member

ghostshadow777

Are you on 1.1.1 or 1.0.2? Because on my 1.1.1 there are is no EDGE menu in the settings.

6. MR2nice macrumors newbie

If you have an unlocked iPhone, here's something you can try:

"By default, the EDGE settings found in Settings → General → Network → EDGE are not saved when phone is restarted. To fix this, install EDGE Settings fix which is found in the Unlocking Tools category.."

7. Sparky10 macrumors newbie

Is there any way that you can add more than one APN? I have a work email account that requires a specific APN... Thanks.