EDGE network in northern NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jg2000, Jun 11, 2008.

1. jg2000 macrumors member

is anyone else from the area noticing that there is no edge service? It's been down since early yesterday and it's still down today, what's the deal?

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I haven't noticed any problems, although I was mostly on WiFi yesterday and I'm at work now so I can't check at the moment. I'll check if EDGE is working when I get home from work.

3. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

I live in southern NJ, but I was noticing a problem that started yesterday as well. Not so much with the EDGE (although it did go in and out in areas where it's usally pretty stable). I was having trouble making calls also. It would keep saying "Call Failed," even when I had a full signal. It would take like 5 or 6 tries before I could get a call to go through. Wonder why...anyway, EDGE has seemed even slower than usual since the day before yesterday down here (to me anyway). It took me almost 10 minutes to check my e-mail.

4. jg2000 thread starter macrumors member

that is strange, i haven't had any trouble making or receiving calls but EDGE is down for the count. it's 1:10pm now and still nothing. It's been almost 2 days, I contacted AT&T about it and they said they aren't showing any problems but 4 people in my area have the same issue so I know it's not the phone.

5. gowanis macrumors 6502

I work in Jersey City, but I am not there today so I can't report for you..

In general though, EDGE service in Jersey City is HORRIBLE. If i get 70 kbps I'm lucky. much of the time there is simply no service. I can't rely on e-mails or web pages.

Can anyone comment on 3G in this area? I may have to upgrade for this reason alone.

6. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Have you rebooted your iPhone?

7. jg2000 thread starter macrumors member

yes, a few times and even popped the sim card. I find it hard to believe no one else has contacted them about this or AT&T having no knowledge of any of this.