EDGE: Now you see it...Now you don't!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hudzilla, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Has anyone else noticed that, in an area that has EDGE, sometimes you can't pick it up.

I'm at work (a place that I can pick EDGE up) and all of a sudden the little blue 'E' vanishes, and I'm left with a lowly empty blue square!!!

Maybe a tactic by o2 to keep everyones data useage down. I wouldn't be suprised!

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I've seen that also. I think the blue square means you have some other type of data connection that is less than EDGE. Don't remember what they called that, but I think there are some places where even EDGE may not be available...

3. Hudzilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Yea, the all blue indicates Just GPRS.

I know there are alot of places that dont have EDGE, but its when i know im in an area that does, it goes off for an hour or two.

Very frustrating!!! :mad:

4. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

It means that you are on standard non edge data GPRS. Same thing happens when I go to my parents house in a remote area.

5. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I have not been off of edge yet. Its either wi-fi or edge. Should be interesting when it finally happens.

6. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

don't get yourself too worked up ;)

7. pavvento macrumors 6502

I have noticed this A LOT since updating to 1.1.2, and I live in the middle of San Francisco!

8. Surely Guest

Surely

That's what I like to hear. I'm moving to LA next month, and purchase #1 will be an iPhone.:D