Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bmt134, Jun 14, 2014.

1. bmt134 macrumors 6502

So why does this movie need its own thread? Because a lot of people constantly complain about the lack of originality coming out of Hollywood. And it's true. Lately we have been blasted every year with sequels, remakes, reboots, teenage books into movies, comic book movies, etc. So when something original finally comes out, no one watches it. It is one of the best movies I have seen this year. Last weekend in its opening weekend it tragically finished third in the US. This weekend looks like another trouncing.

90% on rottentomates. 8.2 on IMDB. Forget your prejudices and your preconceptions and watch this movie. After you do, come back and thank me ;)

2. 960design macrumors 68020

Watching it tonight in 3D at 2255.

I was told that the 3D is not overdone ( I normally hate 3D ) and that I should give this one a try. I'm thanking you early.

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Did not see it in 3D but man did I really like this film!!!! Actually loved it! There are some really great scenes and actually some funny ones too!!! Won't spoil it, yet, though.

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

technically, this movie is based on a book which itself is a sci-fi/military version of the movie Groundhog Day

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That is encouraging to hear. I want to see this.

----------

What is the name of the book?

6. sammich, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014

sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I just saw it last night. Excellent movie: well paced, right amount of comedic relief and you really feel for the characters. Highly recommend it to anyone.

Would watch again.

7. simsaladimbamba

All You Need Is Kill, a better title than the film has, which I thought would be titled "Live, Die, Repeat" after having seen the first trailer, which I kinda liked back then.

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Looks like a kick ass movie but i'm not really feeling the story so i'm going to pass on this one.

9. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

Good movie.
    Ending is a bit hollywood, but i thoroughly enjoyed it

Basically it's a shooter solo game with unlimited lives and no saves. You die, you start over from the beginning, until you learn the play.
    But with astounding graphics and good characters.

10. smellysox8 macrumors regular

The trailer doesn't do the movie justice. Probably the best movie I have seen in awhile that isn't a Marvel based movie.

11. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

I agree with the Hollywood ending. I found it difficult to suspend my disbelief and accept a seemingly paradoxical ending that also went contrary to the "rules" established by the movie. Overall though, I enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow.