Edge on mms and internet usage question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ken21, Aug 8, 2010.

1. ken21 macrumors member

I recently bought an iphone 3gs, its 4.0 firmware
    i was trying to fix the MMS problem, after few hours, i gave up.
    i was using wifi all the time, so i also turned off edge.
    today i was thinking what if i turn on edge and send MMS
    after i turn on edge, it works perfectly and fast!
    but my plan is Even more plus(no contract) 500mins unlimited texting but no unlimited network
    my question is:
    - do i have to turn on edge for sending MMS? or just the problem of my setting?
    -Will it charge extra?
    - will they charge the inter usage when i turn on both wifi and edge?
    -what if apps connect to network automatically while there has no wifi and i turn on edge?

btw, i have heard something call "T-zone" hack..how to get T-zone data plan? i couldnt find the option on mytmobile..only 20extra dollar

2. ken21 thread starter macrumors member

can someone help me?

3. till its over macrumors newbie

multimedia forwarding to email instead of turning on cellular data

Kinda trying to figure out the same problem...I'm with AT&T and I have the 200mg data usage plan and I'm still wanting to get mms. I know that since I have an Iphone 3gs with the 4.0 firmware I have the ability to get mms, but i leave my cellular data off because I don't wanna worry about going over on my usage. I'm trying to figure out a way to possibly have my mms messages sent directly to my email. From what I understand I can have my friends and family send mms to my AT&T email # (5554445555@mms.att.net(or whatever it is) but its just impossible to get everyone to use that instead of my phone#. So...here's my question in short... is there anyway (app,program,trick,etc...) to have my mms messages forwarded to my email (yahoo, google, hotmail,etc...) automatically that i can check once I get in wifi range? If so PLEASE let me know cause I'm at a lose here.