Edge On Tmobile [fixed]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sm86, Sep 22, 2010.

1. sm86 macrumors newbie

So, I was able to finally get edge on my iphone 4g ios 4.0.1.

Just want to preface this fix with saying this forum did not help me very much and some of the mods here... well you can read the replies...

I got this fix from:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722836

here it is. and you have to go and do each step exactly how it is:

Patch CommCenter & Enable Carrier Bundles

Okay this works perfectly for me and many of the other iPhone4 I did. Works thanks to wortel & Spookyet

1. Reset network setting / reboot
    2. SSH your phone to var/mobile/ - place wortel commcenter patch in there
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    3. install it via mobileterminal or iFile( i use ifile) "dpkg -i xxxx.deb"
    just use ifile it much simpler haha
    4. Enable plist editing by running
    command promopt -> CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    5. Install T-Mobile Bundles ( i use legacy since i use web2go and most compilable with MMS from all phones)
    t-mobile_us_ios4_1.1.1.ipcc.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
    6. Connect iphone4 -> itunes -> shift + check for updates --> choose the carrier bundles you want
    7. reboot iphone4 -> take out sim --> place back in --> wait for signal

EDGE WORKS 100% MMS works 100%
    Thanks again spooket and wortel!!
    Once again this is for iPhone4 only
    for iPhone3GS/3G easiest solution is to just use sinfuliphonerepo "tmo is04 mms fix" - that works 100%

TO FIX THE EDGE/MMS NOT WORKING AFTER REBOOT - JUST GO TO YOUR T-MOBILE STORE AND GET A NEWER SIM CARD - THE SLIMMER ONE WORKS THE BEST! - tried it and rebooted 5 times - edge/mms still works 100% - seem like i got better signal too! lol.

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

In Tinyumbrella, click on "Display SHSH." Is 4.0.1 listed there?

3. sm86 thread starter macrumors newbie

it says:
    iphone4 4.1 (ECID listed here)

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

You can only install whichever firmware is displayed. Since it's only 4.1, that's only one you can restore to. Have you tried getting 4.0.1 SHSH blobs? To do this, click on "Advance Options," select 4.0.1 for you phone, and then, "Download...". If you get no errors, they means 4.0.1 was saved successfully. You can also click "Display SHSH" again to be sure. Once it's there, you can restore to 4.0.1 without getting the error.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There's your answer.

6. sm86 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your help.

unfortunately it seems the seller did not save their shsh blobs neither for 4.0 or 4.0.1 or 4.0.2. (sigh)

I guess the (bigger) issue I am having is the fact that I want to use my edge tmobile to work. On my old iphone 3G on 3.1.2 I just had "epc.tmobile.com" in the APN and bingo that worked. I do that here and nothing.. doesn't work.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Using phone safari, try: http://www.unlockit.co.nz/

8. sm86 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry that didn't work for me :( still says I don't have internet...

9. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Doesn't Tmobile have Iphone support team? Try contacting them.

10. sm86 thread starter macrumors newbie

if you're not going to help than don't. but don't be insulting anyone's intelligence either..... >.>

11. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

If she is in the US... why would T-Mobile have a support team for a phone they don't even carry?

12. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

13. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Actually believe it or not they have been helping out their customers with using iphones for years now.
    They will even tell you what packages to install from cydia to enable mms, also apn settings etc...
    So dont assume that they wont support their customers even though they dont officially sell the phone on their network.
    They got tons of people with iphones.

15. sm86 thread starter macrumors newbie

thing is if I go to tmobile they'll want me to get a higher rated data plan than what I have now. I have the tzones package that used to only work for flip phones back in the day and only cost $10/mo.

I'll see what else I can find on the internet in the meantime...

16. sm86 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah thanks for not helping. I actually did go to tmobile and it was completely WORTHLESS. they knew nothing. All they knew was what I knew, that the edge worked on iphone 3g.

A big waste of time.

I should have went to modmyi.com for real help. >.>

17. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Everyone here was trying to help young best of our knowledge. In beginning you wanted help with restore, did we not help tell why you can't? Later on, you switch to needing help with your carrier settings. We try giving you the best advice with our knowledge. Nobody here claims to have all the answers. And, its great that you found a solution, but your attitude is not going to make any friends.

18. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I have an iphone 4 on 4.0.1 and using tmobile and my edge works just fine without having to use those instructions at all. Simply purchase a data plan.

19. sm86 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am sorry if you didn't read the part where I said I have a $10/mo unlimited edge data plan, which used to be called tzones. >.>

20. sm86 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wanted to first restore to really get at the "bigger" issue involved which I explained previously...

The problem I see is that people here... you know what, forget it. The information is posted for those that may be in the same position.