EDGE only working w/ stock apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by breakhard77, Jun 30, 2008.

1. breakhard77 macrumors newbie

I've run into an interesting problem lately. All of my apps work fine on wifi, but only the stock apps (Google Maps, Email, Safari, etc.) work on EDGE (except YouTube, but from what I understand, that's a common problem). Whenever I try using any of the apps I got from Installer on EDGE, none of them work.

I'm using the 1.1.4 Tzones Hack found on the BigBoss source. I've set wap.voicestream.com as my EDGE WAP, but it's still not working.

Here are the error messages that I get with some of them:

- MobileScrobbler (No Network Connection: This feature requires a connection to the internet. Please connect to the internet and try again.)
    - iScores - Hangs on Synchronizing data, followed by (Failed while parsing data, please try again later.)
    - MobileChat - Hangs on Waiting for Network, followed by (Sorry, but you do not currently have an internet conncetion to use MobileChat.)

Apparently, TuneWiki is the only non-stock app that works on EDGE. Any ideas?

2. Chow7 macrumors member

edge connection is too slow for some of those programs. Also it depends on the area you are in and if you are getting a strong edge signal. Try doing a speedtest to see what kind of speeds you are actually getting.