EDGE Outage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c84216, Jan 31, 2008.

1. c84216 macrumors member

Is anyone else having difficulty getting onto EDGE related services? I've had a "Could not active EDGE" message all day. My e-mail last updated 8:09 this morning and that's it. No EDGE since then.

I'm just curious if this is something people are having trouble with or if this is something isolated (I'm in Springfield, Missouri).

Thanks!

2. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

I just read on a blog that AT&T's EDGE servers are down.

3. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

T-Mo's were down too, so it must have been big. Back now, though.

5. Ames macrumors member

I have no Edge on my iPhone this morning. Strange thing is my Windows Mobile device (ATT Tilt) has been fine the whole time. It's a 3G device but here in Iowa we only have Edge.

6. amik macrumors regular

7. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

I'm calling AT&T and they can credit me some $ for this. I pay $20 a month for a service that goes in and out frequently. I was without access for 6 hours today so they can compensate me for the time I was without the service I pay for.

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

Hopefully they'll credit you more than this, but 6 hours of your internet being out is only worth 16¢ of your monthly bill. :eek:

You pay $20 month for data, which works out to 66¢ a day.
    6 hours = 25% of a day, so 25% of 66¢ = 16¢. :D

9. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

I pay for a service to be available when I need it so there is more then just a calculated value to determine here. I am sure they will just give me a simple i'm sorry, but atleast i'll feel better letting them know what i feel.

10. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Must have been a regional thing. I had EDGE access all day across about half of Pennsylvania.

Edited to add: According to reports the outage spans an area from Chicago to Kansas.