EDGE Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jTreu, Oct 6, 2007.

1. jTreu macrumors 6502

All of the sudden i cant connect to edge on AT&T, anyone else having this problem? maybe its an AT&T problem with the network? Any settings i can check to see if its turned off some how? btw, i have 5 bars and am at home, where i have always had edge connection with no problems.

2. msharp macrumors regular

msharp

I'm not sure are we having the same problem or not, but it seems that recently I can hardly send / receive emails using EDGE. I can do all these as usual if I'm connected using WIFI. But the rest of the time all the message won't be able to send (will be stored in the Outbox), and no new message comes in.

I think this is an AT&T issue!

3. cmaier macrumors G3

I had never seen this until earlier this week when I was on a trip to chicago. I frequently had five bars, but no Edge. If I waited awhile (15-20 minutes) it would come back, and then disappear again.

I've never seen this behavior while in silicon valley.

4. Symetry macrumors newbie

Keep voice plan, loose EDGE

I too am having inconsistencies with my EDGE service. My bigger issue is that when it is working as it should, in the area I live, it's far far too slow to be useful. I'm spending well ovr 80% of my safari web surfing time waiting for pages to load.

Has anyone been able to keep their ATT plan but have the EDGE service (and it's monthly cost) REMOVED from your plan. I can't keep paying $20 a month for an EDGE service I literally cannot use. Thank you, anyone.

5. mugwump macrumors regular

My EDGE experience during the day in a busy area of West LA is that it will connect fast for a minute, and then nothing. Resetting the network or rebooting will repeat the process.

Has anyone called 611 when EDGE is not connecting well? I haven't had the inclination to try that.

6. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

EDGE connections in Georgia have been haywire for a few days but it seems to be working fine now. :confused:

7. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

Same issues here in washington state. Really bums me out. The few times I wanna actually check something out on youtube and have it not work is VERY frustrating. Especially when it happens over and over for a few days.

8. RosieO macrumors member

I had the same problem here in Michigan. Today it seems much better.

9. levitynyc macrumors 65816

Its been smooth sailing in the NY NJ metro area...

10. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

well my edge has been working fine...i mostly use edge because i'm not around that many wifi hot spots, well look on the bright side atleast it didn't burst into flames like this man's ipod nano did while it was in his pants:D.

11. iliketomac macrumors member

iliketomac

EDGE is so painfully very VERY SLOOOWWWW the past 24+ hours here in Southern Florida. Anyone know why this is happening? I mean it's so slow that even a simple text email to be received takes forever - as in 5, 8, 12 minutes or so..... :confused: It was fine earlier in the week and all last week and even before that.... is AT&T's EDGE network having problems??

12. GoColts macrumors newbie

When I've had this problem, I have gone to the General settings and turned on airplane mode and then turned it back off. This causes the phone to reacquire the Edge connection and fixes the problem.

Obviously this only works when the problem is with the phone and not a true network outage.