Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EgbertAttrick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Does anyone else have this problem? My boss and I both have the iPhone 3G. When we're at work, while his phone displays 3G coverage, mine will show EDGE. It doesn't show 3G until I restart the phone, and then, if I wander into an area that has only EDGE coverage, the phone will again only switch back to 3G when I restart. What gives?

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Does anyone else have this problem? My boss and I both have the iPhone 3G. When we're at work, while his phone displays 3G coverage, mine will show EDGE. It doesn't show 3G until I restart the phone, and then, if I wander into an area that has only EDGE coverage, the phone will again only switch back to 3G when I restart. What gives?

More details please? What version firmware is each device running? Are you located in teh same area or is your boss around the corner, down the hall, etc? Is he near a window and you are in a cubicle? Any of these can have effect, however I sometimes do notice a "lag" at times that my iPhone doesn't seem to be in 3G service. I don't need to reboot, I put the iPhone in Airplane Mode for a few seconds, then turn it off and it usually resolves my issue. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.