Edge to Edge Glass Screen Protector UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sheppy1, Dec 13, 2014.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone from the UK knows of an edge to edge glass screen protector for the iPhone 6. People have suggested good ones from the US but I can't find them for sale here in the UK.

2. yui4 macrumors 6502

ESR glass as mentioned in the main thread. Available on Amazon uk. Mines getting delivered monday

3. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Was looking at that one, a lot of people said it's not case friendly and also sharp on the edges so gathers a lot of dirt..Otherwise I'd have gone for that one :(

4. csw43 macrumors newbie

csw43

Just returned my ESR protector, absolute rubbish, the reviews on Amazon UK are correct....it just will not stick properly to the phone and moves about. Great fit size wise but the adhesive just isn't strong enough

5. bukwit macrumors newbie

I've not had this problem! Excellent fit and the one I have fitted certainly does not "move about". I'd suggest that you get a replacement. However, the only problem with the ESR is that it does collect lint/dust under the edges quite easily plus the edges are not rounded off.

I've just had a message from UltimateShield who will have their rounded edge glass protectors available on Monday evening.

It's similar to the iloome one available here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/iloome-Scre...ie=UTF8&qid=1418485321&sr=1-5&keywords=iloome

Will hopefully leave feedback here sometime next week when I've had it delivered.

6. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Think I'll wait until next week to see what that one is like then. The one you linked too seems great! But only one review and it's expensive too!

7. bukwit macrumors newbie

8. madmorph macrumors member

madmorph

any news on this yet...your thoughts etc before i click the fire button ....cheers

9. Rocketpaul macrumors regular

I ordered their standard glass protectors i while back. I found that it scratched very easily especially compared to the media devil one have now

10. rcw2012 macrumors member

Interested to hear some reviews of this one too...

11. bukwit macrumors newbie

Managed to finally install the new UltimateShield glass protector. Was waiting on my replacement handset to arrive before fitting.

So far it's held up very well over the past few days. Installation was pretty straight forward. Doesn't seem to be collecting dirt/lint etc under the edges although I do keep it in a case. The ESR version picked up a huge amount.

A few photos attached. Feel free to ask questions.

Attached Files:

12. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

That screen protector looks awsome! They even have them on Amazon (same price - £9.99). Can't really go wrong for that price!

May just have to get one! Wonder if it will still fit with the Apple Silicone case though?!

13. nouspa macrumors member

Thank you for UltimateShield pictures, looks pretty nice. I just ordered one :apple:

14. bukwit macrumors newbie

You're welcome. A couple more photos...

Attached Files:

15. bukwit macrumors newbie

Yes. Definitely a well-priced protector. As you can see from the photos their is a fairly small gap left around the front as the protector does not fully cover edge-to-edge so that should help with some cases that have a lip.

16. shamashu macrumors regular

That looks nices in photos, it looks the same with tech armor e2e for the small gap left.

How long have you been using that?

17. bukwit macrumors newbie

Will be coming upto a week on Monday since I had fitted and it's holding up very well so far. The premium glass protectors I believe do have a good oleophobic coating and this one seems no different so quite happy with it for the price. I'd definitely recommend it.

18. Rocketpaul macrumors regular

I had one of these screen protectors from ultimate shield and it scratched quite easily. The mediadevil one that i have now is quite a bit more durable in my opinion.

19. bukwit macrumors newbie

The MediaDevil looks like the ESR version which I have previously tried but the edges of the ESR were quite sharp and as it covers around to the far edges it's difficult to find a case that's compatible that won't push the protector up/off.

I've tried quite a few glass protectors and so far the Ultimateshield seems less of a compromise. It fits well, it's quite smooth around the edges, it has a good oleophobic layer, sensitivity is excellent and mine's certainly not picked up any scratches so far although I do keep it in a good case.

Post some photos of your Mediadevil fitted. It'd certainly help many of us...

20. alFR macrumors 68020

What's the bit round the edge made of (the opaque bit)? Is it painted glass or some sort of plastic surround?

21. bukwit macrumors newbie

Not 100% sure however I do remember the Ultimateshield guy mentioning it was "silk" material when I had emailed him about availability. I also did not have a chance to take a closer look when fitting as I didn't want to get any dirt between protector and phone. It doesn't seem to be collecting any dust in this area after nearly a weeks use.

22. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I still find it strange though that these 'edge to edge' protectors all seem to have either a black coloured border or a white one?!

Why can't they just carry the glass all the way to the edge without the coloured border? :confused:

23. shamashu macrumors regular

Because of halo effect.

24. Rocketpaul macrumors regular

Unfortunately my only camera is the iPhone, but the protector looks more or less identical to what you posted. As far as I can tell, it would take a very cosy case to lift the protector, I'm currently using the iPhone leather case and there is a significant gap(2mm) between the protector and the case.

Edit: on second thoughts yours may be different to the ultimate shield i previously tried, perhaps they have changed the design, the one I had did not got that far to the edge.

25. bukwit macrumors newbie

The one in my photos is their latest version released towards the end of December. Their previous one covered only the viewable area of the screen and did not extend towards the edge. It looks like Mediadevil has also got a newer version that looks identical to the Ultimate shield and I'm pretty sure their both of similar premium quality.