Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iliria

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
UK
I use a Spigen LA Manon cover for my Xr and tempered glass protector. However the screen protectoronly covers the actual screen and not the thin bezel around it. Therefore it leaves about 3mm on all sides uncovered despite the case coming over the front edge of the screen.

Are there any tempered glass screen protectors which are a bit larger and which hopefully might alos cover the front "notch" area?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Try this.

TETHYS Glass Screen Protector Designed for iPhone XR (6.1") [3-Pack] [Edge to Edge Coverage] Full Protection Durable Tempered Glass Apple iPhone XR w/ Guidance Frame Included (Pack of 3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQZ8Y1V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CaItDbZGF71N9

I have this exact screen protector for my XS Max. The edges of the screen protector are actually touching my clear case and cover the notch as well.

Reactions: iliria

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
Try this.

TETHYS Glass Screen Protector Designed for iPhone XR (6.1") [3-Pack] [Edge to Edge Coverage] Full Protection Durable Tempered Glass Apple iPhone XR w/ Guidance Frame Included (Pack of 3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQZ8Y1V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CaItDbZGF71N9

I have this exact screen protector for my XS Max. The edges of the screen protector are actually touching my clear case and cover the notch as well.
Hey, would it be possible for you to take close up photos from the side of the Xs Max to see how far the glass reaches? I also have an edge to edge, but some manufacturers make the glass reach even further than others. I'm really curious about Tethys because I've been eyeing them for some time now.
[doublepost=1565474648][/doublepost]
I don't think that is possible. Due to the curving at the edges.
You're semi right. Those edge to edge protectors indeed cover the screen, but they're flat. Only the top surface is slightly curved at the edges to make it look like 3D, but I've never actually seen a real curved glass for the iPhone, whereas there's plenty of curved protectors for the Galaxies and Huawei. Maybe because their curvatures are much bigger.

This flat piece of glass fail at blending in with the rest of the phone, or in other words, you can feel the edge, because it's not really curved.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Hey, would it be possible for you to take close up photos from the side of the Xs Max to see how far the glass reaches? I also have an edge to edge, but some manufacturers make the glass reach even further than others. I'm really curious about Tethys because I've been eyeing them for some time now.
[doublepost=1565474648][/doublepost]
You're semi right. Those edge to edge protectors indeed cover the screen, but they're flat. Only the top surface is slightly curved at the edges to make it look like 3D, but I've never actually seen a real curved glass for the iPhone, whereas there's plenty of curved protectors for the Galaxies and Huawei. Maybe because their curvatures are much bigger.

This flat piece of glass fail at blending in with the rest of the phone, or in other words, you can feel the edge, because it's not really curved.
How are the user reviews for those protectors? If they are anything like my Pixel they suck. They bubble at the edges.

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
How are the user reviews for those protectors? If they are anything like my Pixel they suck. They bubble at the edges.
They're okay if you use a case, because they blend in but if you don't have one, when you swipe up for example you'll feel the edge of the protector and for me it's annoying.
Not to mention most of the times there isn't glue on the sides and dust gets trapped in and is impossible to remove unless you remove the protector itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.