Edit Dictation Message on iWatch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by PHILIP1193, Oct 20, 2016.

1. PHILIP1193, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016

PHILIP1193 macrumors regular

I'm finding that the dictation feature on my new Apple Watch is very useful, how ever it gets the odd word wrong, on the iphone you can edit the message before its sent. On the Apple watch i cant seem to find a way of doing it. I'm on watch OS3.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Just for future reference, it's the Apple Watch, not the iWatch. And Siri is fairly accurate on the Apple Watch, however it's not perfect.

3. PHILIP1193 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks. Yes siri is pretty good in terms of dictation but not perfect, hence needing to edit it prior to sending.

4. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

Apple Watch

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

There isn't a way to edit it -- I think. I haven't tried yet. It's practically easier to hit cancel and then try again. It'd be harder to select a particular word and then either re-dictate it (out of context, probably) or Scribble in a correction.

6. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

This would be cool, or the ability to tap a word and say it again. If you dictate a whole sentence, it can be a bit frustrating having to say the whole thing again just because it got one word wrong. Specially if you're around other people