Edit Dictation Message on iWatch

PHILIP1193

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
I'm finding that the dictation feature on my new Apple Watch is very useful, how ever it gets the odd word wrong, on the iphone you can edit the message before its sent. On the Apple watch i cant seem to find a way of doing it. I'm on watch OS3.

Last edited:

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Just for future reference, it's the Apple Watch, not the iWatch. And Siri is fairly accurate on the Apple Watch, however it's not perfect.

PHILIP1193

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Ok thanks. Yes siri is pretty good in terms of dictation but not perfect, hence needing to edit it prior to sending.

FrisbeeK9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
I'm finding that the dictation feature on my new iwatch is very useful, how ever it gets the odd word wrong, on the iphone you can edit the message before its sent. On the iwatch i cant seem to find a way of doing it. I'm on watch OS3.
Apple Watch

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
There isn't a way to edit it -- I think. I haven't tried yet. It's practically easier to hit cancel and then try again. It'd be harder to select a particular word and then either re-dictate it (out of context, probably) or Scribble in a correction.

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
This would be cool, or the ability to tap a word and say it again. If you dictate a whole sentence, it can be a bit frustrating having to say the whole thing again just because it got one word wrong. Specially if you're around other people