Edit Eyetv recordings and burn to dvd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dukebound85, Jan 21, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I have an eyetv hybrid and was converting vhs to digital of home movies (sad the tapes are deterorating after 15 years) and am curious how to get these recordings on a dvd

can imovie combine .eyetv files? for some reason, i cant seem to move the media into imovie

i would like to combine some files then export it to a dvd so i can play in a dvd player. any help would be awesome

2. AussieSusan macrumors member

Doing this right now with my old VHS tapes and my EyeTV Hybrid.

Once EyeTV has created the initial recording, use its Export function to output to the iMovie format: this will create a folder with a number of (approx 2GB) DV files in it.

In iMovie, you can then import (I use the 'move' rather the the 'copy' option to stop duplicating - it also is somewhat faster) and start your editing.

I then use iDVD to create my DVD from the edited result.

Works well for me, although it took me some time to get the hang of it, so I suggest that you try taking (say) a couple of minutes worth of video at first, go through the process and then do it again for the full tape.

Susan

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

thanks. however, the export button under file-> export is greyed out when i have the clip open. the clip is a .eyetv

how do you export?

thanks for the help!

4. Queso macrumors G4

You can use VisualHub to convert .eyetv files to a Video_TS folder, which you can then burn onto a disk using Toast or the open source Burn.

5. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

why oh why does it take so long to convert movies and clips and well everything lol