Edit-False Alarm.iPhone OS 3.0 available right now straight from Apple Servers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

OK. So you want iPhone os 3.0 fast. How bout right now. Giz has just posted that the 3.0 firmware is now available to download. Though its not showing up in iTunes as an available right now you can still download it straight from the Apple Servers right NOW. Warning. Direct download link.

Since its coming straight from Apple Servers you dont have much to worry compared to the torrented firmware. Give it a try if you really are that excited about 3.0

Have fun with it. I m downloading it right now but wont install it until the jailbreak and unlocking instructions are out there.

Note- It seems that giz has removed the post for some reason. It was right here few minutes ago and still is showing on the Google Reader. Here`s the link of the post which is no longer available. Maybe apple guns forced them to remove the link. Also Please note. I have not tried this and can not confirm wether it`ll work or not But you guys neednt worry about much as your 3G is still under warranty if somehow something goes wrong. Any one brave enough to give it a try and confirm if its working.

2. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

It's for the iPhone 3GS only and been posted before.

3. chandler99 macrumors regular

Isn't this the iPhone 3G firmware?

iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

4. dagomike macrumors 65816

That's the GS firmware that's been available for a while.

5. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Just to confirm, it's iPhone 2,1 so this firmware is 3.0 for the iPhone 3GS.

I wouldn't recommend attempting to install that on your current device, it'll either screw up your device or give you an error/wasted time.

~Ace [I'm back! But none of you probably remember me]

6. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

You got me all excited for nothing... although I'm at work so even if it was legit I would still be excited for nothing.

8. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

:mad:Gizmodo made me look like a fool. Anyways here`s the giz post I saw, it`s still showing up in the Reader. So its not entirely my fault:eek:.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.