Edit: having BAD LUCK with apple products lately

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Silvia96, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Silvia96 macrumors member

Over the past 2 days, my iPhone fell off my bed and broke the screen (wasn't covered by warranty or AppleCare, had to buy a new one at full retail price from SoftBank here in Tokyo), and then my Macbook got the infamous grey screen. Had to completely erase everything, buy another install disk (mine is in America), reinstall and start from scratch, as my backup was corrupted as well by a bad external hard drive. Whether it was my fault or not, I've been a serious Apple fanatic for years, and I went from having a wonderful Macbook and iPhone one day, to despising them both the next. Just needed to vent to someone! Anybody else have bad luck lately?

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

That's what you've had I'm afraid… bad luck, but I understand your reason for venting. I'm not sure how you're feeling screwed by Apple products though. You broke a phone, an external HD failed, and your install disk was in another country. Hardly Apple's fault.

3. Silvia96 thread starter macrumors member

I guess Apple didn't directly screw me, but I got screwed, and it involved the the 2 Apple products I own. Not Apple's fault, but I'm not happy about it either!

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Call it an unfortunate coincidence, but nothing to do with Apple or their being at fault. =\