(EDIT: iPhone Stuck in Reboot Loop!) Unlock/Jailbreak Possible on Baseband 1.59.00?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mpc653, Jan 31, 2011.

1. mpc653, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

mpc653 macrumors newbie

Simple question.

I was a part of all this drama back when the first iPhone came out, but haven't bothered jailbreaking or unlocking or augmenting the phone in anyway since the 3G. So, I'm not really sure what the current situation is with the iPhone 4… if it can be jailbroken at all.

To be honest, I'm trying to sell it and am hoping to get around $500, so that's the priority more than anything… It just seems prices like that are only possible with unlocked phones.

Like I said, it's baseband 1.59.00 and 4.0.1 firmware.

Thanks for your help. Sorry for making a new thread.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Open safari on your iphone, enter jailbreakme.com and jailbreak it. Then unlocked with Ultrasn0w 1.2.

3. mpc653 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. mpc653 thread starter macrumors newbie

So, I did what you said… and it downloaded Cydia and seemed to be working fine, but I went into Settings and hit Erase all Content and Settings… and now the phone won't turn back on.

What now? Did I make a terrible decision?

5. eastercat, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

WTF?! Why would you do that? You're going to have to hope you have your SHSH blobs, because you just screwed up. You never use erase all settings on a jb phone. You always use restore in itunes (if you have the blobs) or manually erase content.
    You're right now in restore mode. You might be able to get out of it with tiny umbrella. Click kick out of recovery.
    If you don't know if you have blobs, d/l tiny umbrella and click save SHSH. If you don't have them, you'll have no choice but to upgrade to 4.1.2, which doesn't have an unlockable bb.

6. mpc653 thread starter macrumors newbie

I definitely didn't save my SHSH blobs, which is frustrating, but I suppose it doesn't really matter… The real issue is that I can't even get iTunes to recognize the phone. I really don't know what to do. Google isn't helping much.

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Try putting the phone into recovery or DFU mode (google for instructions).

Download and run Tinyumbrella. Pray that Tinyumbrella can detect and save your SHSH file(s). If it can, then, run "TSS Server mode." In Itunes, choose the update option to firmware 4.2.1, and hopefully, Tinyumbrella was able to save your current 1.59 baseband = unlock.

If Tinyumbrella can't detect the phone, you are just going to have to restore through Itunes which should also update your phone to 4.2.1 firmware with baseband to 3.10 = can't unlock.

In the future, never use "erase all data..." on a JB phone because you will always end up with "connect to itunes" problem afterward.

8. mpc653 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any way to manually access wherever the ECID is stored? I don't know if that makes sense. I did a back up before jailbreaking and have access to those ROOT FILES using a program called Mobile Sync Browser. TinyUmbrella gives me the option to enter an ECID myself… Is it possible to look it up somewhere in those saved files?

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

What are you trying to do?
    You understand that you can only get whatever SHSH blobs that Apple is signing for, right? These blobs are stored on a server, not on your phone.
    TU allows you to save these blobs to your computer, so you don't have to edit your host file.
    Follow Myzhi's advice and see if you can at least salvage your bb.