Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hrv888

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
So here is a really dumb question, whenever you paste a number to the telephone app, how do you edit it or add a number? when you press the number it just shows copy/paste.

For example you wanted to type in 1555-12345
but you typed in 555-12345.

Is there any way to insert the 1 in front without deleting all the numbers?

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
So here is a really dumb question, whenever you paste a number to the telephone app, how do you edit it or add a number? when you press the number it just shows copy/paste.

For example you wanted to type in 1555-12345
but you typed in 555-12345.

Is there any way to insert the 1 in front without deleting all the numbers?

good question. i think you have to delete all the #'s. & just do it properly. good news is if you press & HOLD DOWN the back arrow itll delete the numbers fairly quickly

hrv888

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
good question. i think you have to delete all the #'s. & just do it properly. good news is if you press & HOLD DOWN the back arrow itll delete the numbers fairly quickly

hahaha sounds like an apple answer. How come nobody ever noticed this? Guess nobody uses the iPhone as a phone anymore. haha The only thing I can think of is copy the whole number, paste it in the notepad, edit it and copy and paste it to the telephone app. too much work for a simple task.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
hahaha sounds like an apple answer. How come nobody ever noticed this? Guess nobody uses the iPhone as a phone anymore. haha The only thing I can think of is copy the whole number, paste it in the notepad, edit it and copy and paste it to the telephone app. too much work for a simple task.

lol...holy hell it does sound like something APPLE would come back with.

"you're not dialing correctly, but good news...you can do this instead!....(forget you even had a problem with the phone and carry ON!)"

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.