Edit: Phone stuck on Apple logo after JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Nrwrit3r, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

If you do the current Redsn0w jailbreak (I'm assuming this is the best one?), does it preserve your music/texts/everything? Or do you need to restore your phone from iTunes after you JB with Redsn0w?

EDIT: After Jb'ing and installing Bitesms, the phone is stuck on my apple logo...any suggestions as to what to do?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You phone will be just as it was before jailbreaking, only difirent will be that you have now root access to the file system, allowing you to install and access your phone completely. there will be a new icon/app on your phone (Cydia) that will allow you to install those packages/Apps.

Everything else will be same, all your info will be there.

Current Jailbreak (if you are on the iP4 and running iOS5) is tethered, so it will required you to connect to a computer and re run Redsn0w everytime your phone reboots.

3. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you! And I know a new semi-tethered update came out, where you can hard reboot and use the phone slightly or something? Does this mean I do the tethered JB and then do the semi-tethered? Or should I just do tethered? I don't use appsync or anything.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

The semi-tethered is a package you will download and install from Cydia, I haven't actually tried myself so i cannot give my opinion, but I've read good things about it, it will allow you to reboot and as you said keep some limited functionality of the phone. without it, your phone won't boot until you connect it and rerun redsn0w.

5. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah okay, thanks so much for your help!

6. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

After Jb'ing and installing Bitesms, the phone is stuck on my apple logo...any suggestions as to what to do?

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Did you re run redsn0w? you need to get it on DFU, open redsn0w, click "extras" > "Just boot" and let it run.

8. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah okay I just did that...thanks!! Hopefully this works now to install Bitesms

9. spacemnspiff, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011

spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff