Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
This is an on going issue but when I type a post then edit, then try to do another edit the first edit disappears unless I reload. It is a pain to make 2 edits without having to reload the page. Can this be fixed?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
This is an on going issue but when I type a post then edit, then try to do another edit the first edit disappears unless I reload. It is a pain to make 2 edits without having to reload the page. Can this be fixed?
This is a problem with the way the vBulletin forum software works. I've encountered it too. So far, the authors of vBulletin have been able to lessen this problem (it used to be worse) but not eliminate it.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Still wonders if they'll fix the bug (and I'm assuming it has something to do with vBulletin as this is not the only forum that does it), when I edit something, I have to mouse click on the save edit button because if I use the shift-enter combo, I get errors, 100% of the time and have to re-edit, and retype.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I've never encountered the problem though I've done the steps using Firefox.

Are you using Safari?

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I get it in Safari, it happens if I go to re edit a post the original edit doesn't show up unless I exit the page then reload it.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I've never encountered the problem though I've done the steps using Firefox.

Are you using Safari?

Aye...using Safari. I'll post a screenshot of it.

This is the error message I get when editing and using SHFT-return

Picture2.png

This doesn't happen in Firefox, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.