Edit Shipping on pre-oreder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Theod0re, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Theod0re macrumors member

It won't allow me to edit the shipping, assuming it's just going to e-mail it to the address the bills go to rather than my address.

Is there any way to change this, or can I switch it after I send the order in?

2. CrazyRussian540 macrumors member

If you ordered from ATT, no.
    If you ordered from Apple, yes (I just did, you have to be patient).
    No idea how VZN and Sprint work.

3. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

It's on the apple website, it won't let me change it. I'm on a family plan and am not an "authorized user" or whatever because my dad hasn't gone around to doing that.

EDIT: What is their ordering support e-mail? Do they not have one?

4. CrazyRussian540 macrumors member

Then I guess you're out of luck. Ask your dad to do it later. You have almost a week before they start shipping. Plenty of time to change the address.

5. TriHFH macrumors member

So we can for sure use the "Change shipping or billing info for an order" link on the Apple Store website to change the shipping address, after the order has been submitted? Right now I am holding off placing my order unless I can be certain that I can change it to get it shipped to my apartment (nowhere near my billing address).

6. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

Ah, I think you actually can. I was looking it up and people were able to do it last year, you just have to wait a little bit for the order to completely process. Longer since it's still a little hectic for them.

7. TriHFH macrumors member

I saw that, too... but I wanted to make sure it was still the same case this year as it was last year :)

8. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

I don't doubt it. My shipping address is my home in TX and my dad works in Seattle. It'd be a pretty b1tch move to ship it there.

At least, as long as you can get the account holder to verify the change I'm sure it can be done. Or contact the delivery service (via FedEx/UPS or USPS) with your tracking number and such and have them change the address yourself.

9. TriHFH macrumors member

Good point. I went ahead and placed my order and I'm gonna try to edit my shipping info when it lets me through. Right now the site is overloaded and I get "Oops! An error occurred."

10. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

Haha same here, just gonna catch a nap before the day begins and I'm sure it'll be all gravy then.

11. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Having the same problem...will try calling ATT at 7am CST when they open for business.

12. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

I had a similar issue. Since I receive my AT&T bills via email, I never changed my address with them when I moved earlier this year.

When I went to check out on the apple.com page, I noticed it had my old address, but the option to change it was grayed out.

First I tried to change my address on the apple.com Account Settings page. While it allowed me to change the address, when I checked out again, I noticed it still had my prior address.

Next I went to the att.com page and changed my address with them. Then went back to the apple.com page and reordering the new iPhone. New address was now reflected.

Apparently Apple's ship to address is locked using the mailing address in the carriers' system.

You could ask your dad to either order the phone for you via the AT&T page (maybe it gives you the option to change the ship to address) or have him change to your mailing address on the att.com site, allow you to place your order, and then switch it back so he continues to get his bills.

Real pain, but I guess there was a lot of fraud issues with the first iPhone releases and this is how Apple and the carriers agreed to work it out.

13. outz macrumors 6502

i finally was able to navigate to the change shipping address section... when clicking edit i receive this:

If you’d like to change the shipping method or shipping options for your order, please contact Apple Online Store Customer Service at 1-800-MY-APPLE. To make changes to your default shipping method, go to Your Account.

14. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Update: Call ATT or visit one of their stores and they will correct your shipping address.

15. bmms8 macrumors 68020

how are you reaching att? they say they are closed when i call.

16. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Do you mean the Shipping ?

I was able to Check/Uncheck same as Billing info.

-Verizon

17. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

I selected the option to speak with a customer service rep. She in turn took my info and told me she'd contact Sales to make the change for me. She texted me a couple hrs later telling me she made the change. I would just go to the store if that's an option for you.

1 (800) 331-0500