Edit subtitle position with subler?....

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by shorn, Apr 4, 2011.

1. shorn macrumors regular

Hi,

I've just used subler to mux a few movies that are subtitled. This has all worked well. I've added them as soft subs and they are listed a show when on played on the apple tv2, however whenever there is two lines of text, the very bottom of the bottom lines is ever so slightly cut off. It's only really noticeable for letters like y or j that hang down. What they really need is to be pushed up a bit.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible to do?

Thanks

2. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Yes. Open file with Subler, choose the subtitle track you want to adjust, and change the offset value. It might be possible to simply shrink the subtitle size by changing the scaled size but as I have not experienced the problem you described, I don't know if it will continue to cut off the text.

3. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

The AppleTV ignores those settings, you should check if your tv has an option to disable overscan.

4. shorn thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a play with the offset settings. Slightly concerned that the apple tv will ignore them though. I have a 4-5 year old LCD, and I'm sure there's no setting to disable autoscan!