Edit with a flash

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Bob Jovi, May 3, 2007.

1. Bob Jovi macrumors regular

Hi there,

I was just wondering about editing techniques as I am about to start cutting together a tape for a hair salon. Basically I'd like to have some edits with a quick flash of light between them. How do I go about that?

thanks

2. -DH macrumors 65816

There are many "flash" and "glow" filters available from third party vendors. Or you can create the effect yourself in FCP by ramping the luma level on the outgoing and incoming clips.

-DH

3. Bob Jovi thread starter macrumors regular

cool thanks, I was wondering whether I needed some sort of third party software or I could just acheive the same look with settings in FC
    thanks

4. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Get a white frame and dissolve the white frame in and out.
    Make the "frame" longer or shorter depending on the speed you want for your flash,

5. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

An effect I like to do when simulating a photo being taken is going into my 3-way Color Corrector and keyframing the brightness. I go from normal, then 2-3 frames later put it super bright. It will simulate as if a photo is being taken.

6. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

There's a "dip to color" cross-fade that is like a cross-fade but with a color in the middle. If you change the color to white and do like a five-frame dissolve or something, that's what I usually use for flashes.

7. bimmzy macrumors regular

bimmzy

Its quite easy really

If you go to the Effects Tab, then > Video Transitions>dissolves>dip to color

That should do the trick.

Remember you will need to set the colour of the "dip" to white! :D