Editable version of Calendar App is buggy

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wfuggle, Oct 14, 2007.

1. wfuggle macrumors member

Well, looks like emails & rumours coming out of Apple were correct.

The editable version of calendar (by altering plist on Jailbreaked Touch) does not sync correctly with iCal on Mac. Don't know about Outlook. Basically all entries on Touch go into "Home" calendar in iCal and this calendar is created if you don't have one. No way of choosing which calendar you want it to go in. If you change the calendar its in in iCal and move it or delete it then it does move or delete on the Touch.

I suspect they ran out of time to get this right before they released the Touch as they needed to concentrate on getting os X 10.5 out by end of October. Easiest to just remove write ability until they had time to get it right after 10.5 has gone to GM.

2. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

bbrosemer

get the iphone version of the app and just drag the contents of the application into the contents of the old calendar application that is what i did and it works great

3. jacktiernan macrumors regular

Yup, works purrrfectly for me, and it's true, just editing the exisiting calender app on the ipod does create a buggy version.

4. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

If you copy over the iPhone version does iTunes give you the option of selecting a calendar to add new events to?

5. jdawg4324 macrumors member

ical for touch

Where can I find the iphone cal app. so I can put it on my touch. I would also like to move over all the iphone apps that are missing on the touch. O just cant seem to find where to download them from.

6. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

care to be more specific? the test events i created (one on the iPod, one on my PowerBook) worked just fine.

7. tm1000 macrumors member

i create an event on the touch. Then when I sync it the event appears in "home" in iCal. While this may work for some people. I don't use "home" and I have re labeled everything.