Edited songs with "Explicit" tag but doesn't show up when playing.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by -LikesMac-, Mar 23, 2014.

1. -LikesMac- macrumors 6502

Hey guys, so recently I added the explicit tag into some of my songs (such as the one below) using Subler.

[​IMG]

However, the explicit tag only shows up in the list and not in the area where it shows what song is being played. For example, when I play the song above, this shows up in iTunes.

[​IMG]

There's no boxed "E" to the right of the song title, as there should be. The same result occurs when I play the song on my iPhone. Is there any way to fix this?

2. Kubaton macrumors member

Kubaton

I've never used Subler so I'm not sure how it tags your files. Find yourself a tagging app that lets you view/edit the extended tags and not just the basic tags. Metadatics will let you do it, I believe. I use MP3Tag via CrossOver because it's the best tagging app hands down, although it's Windows only.

Once you view the tags, check the ITUNESADVISORY tag. The value options are 0 for no tag, 1 for explicit, and 2 for clean. I subscribe to iTunes Match and I just checked one of my explicit songs that I tagged with MP3Tag using my own workflow and the explicit icon shows up in iTunes and on my iOS devices.

Let me know if you need more help with it.