Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
I am editing some PDF (adding bookmarks) on my MBPro and want to be able to edit it on the iMac as well. How could I do this? Is there some sort of online software, like Google Docs, that allows for inserting bookmarks on PDF files?

Is there a way to have the whole HD in an online cloud so that whatever I do on the MBPro same changes would happen to iMac? Or rather I would be accessing the same stuff from a cloud?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
There are couple of ways to do this. If you are using dropbox you could use that for storing the file and then bring it down edit it and save it back up to the cloud for all the different machines to see it. You could use any cloud service for this, I just happen to like dropbox. I don't know why you would want your whole HD in the cloud, that I wouldn't do. Just documents that need to be edited or shared out.

If you are on a network that allows shared folders you could use this route also. Share the folder, save the file edit it, save the file back etc... Depending on the speed of your network you should be able to open and edit it on the network drive without moving it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.