Editing/Exporting HD Footage

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by superman666, Aug 15, 2007.

1. superman666 macrumors regular

Hey,
    I was testing how my camera would work with HD (I own a Canon HDV10) and I captured it in FCE HD. The capture on the harddrive is great, but when i put it in FCE i have to render it. So i rendered the footage, and when I played it back it's all choppy. It's not smooth, and I guess the frames per second is all messed up. To further test it, I exported a short clip of HD that had been rendered in quicktime format, and it ended up being choppy like that. This is probably a stupid question, but how do i get it to be as smooth as the original clip?
    Thanks

EDIT: Fixed...

However I still wish I knew the perfect exporting setting for my HD footage. Whenever I export it, it looks duller than the original HDV footage.

2. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Well, I don't know about Final Cut, but it seems like iMovie always reduce saturation of my imported pictures. Maybe something similar is happening. In any case, you might be able to increase saturation again to get your footage to be more vivid. I don't care too much as most TVs I have seen are set to high saturation settings, so it kind of gets balanced out in the end.

3. superman666 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the responce, but I have one more question.

I have 1920 x 1080 HD video, which is super high quality video, but too big for the computer screen. When exporting, what is a good resolution that will keep it looking HD, but smaller. What do you guys export it to?
    Thanks