Editing GMail notes using Windows/Chrome

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mcmul, Apr 25, 2014.

1. mcmul macrumors 6502

I use the Google account feature on my iPad, iPhone and Mac to synchronise notes. I edit these notes using the standard Notes.app (simple, clean!) and require ways of editing these notes from Windows or, say, Chrome.

Does anybody now how I could do this? Other than, say, finding the "note" with the "Notes" label in GMail, copying the content, deleting the "note", creating a new mail, pasting the content, sending it to myself and labelling it with "Notes?" - tbh, I'm not sure if this even works.

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

If you're writing simple notes, use your Google Drive's built-in composer and the companion iOS app.

3. mcmul thread starter macrumors 6502

What? I don't use Google Drive.

4. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Maybe you should start. Ditch the Apple notes app and work within Chrome and the Google Drive iOS apps.

5. mcmul thread starter macrumors 6502

Given that my question wasn't "give me some new ways to take notes," I won't thanks.

Does anyone have any ideas? That is, creating/editing gmail "notes" to sync with the standard Notes.app.

6. guillemn macrumors member

7. vitaminn macrumors newbie

Nothing that I have found @guillemn.

I tried using Evernote but the sync conflicts got to be a bit out of hand and am going to put the kibosh on that service; I often go between 3 devices...my PC, the iPad and iPhone and Evernote struggles with that kind of activity.

I hope someday we will be able to edit Google Notes via PC

8. Christian_Huls macrumors newbie

Christian_Huls

I use Google Drive, and it still doesn't give you a way to edit the notes on the PC.

9. Yon Yonson macrumors newbie

This thread is super old, but if anyone is still reading it, I just started using google "keep" instead of the little notes tool, and it's pretty neat for keeping notes. Has apps for IOS, Android and a web interface so you can get to it from everywhere. Pretty neat.