Editing in iPhoto 08, does not update thumbnail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rhodan, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Rhodan macrumors member

When I edit a photo in iPhoto 08, and click done, it returns to the main overview screen, and the thumbnail that is displayed is the original. Any way to fix this so it displays the edited thumbnail?

2. msevild macrumors regular

I am going to assume that this happens with all photos in iPhoto. It sounds to me like a library issue. First, make sure there are no updates for iPhoto in Software Update that might resolve the issue. If there are no updates, I would make a backup of your photo library(the next step, although I have never seen it cause harm to the photos on the computer, it is still a very strong possibility that they might be unusable afterword). If you have enough space on the computer, I would simply go to your Pictures folder by clicking on the Finder and single clicking on the iPhoto Library icon and choose Duplicate from the File Menu item or drag the iPhoto Library to an external hard drive. Once backed up I would suggest doing a rebuild of the iPhoto Library. To do this, quit out of iPhoto if you are in it. Then, hold down the Command(Apple), and option button down while starting iPhoto and you will get a dialog box with checkboxes allowing you to do different tasks. I would choose all of them to be on the safe side. If everything goes well, then this should resolve your issue. Let me know how it goes.