Editing iWork Numbers file on iPhone - HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chrisox, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Chrisox macrumors newbie

My first post, so be gentle...I dont think there is a solution to this but here goes...

I own a moving company and want to use an iWork Numbers spreadsheet to record the furniture and personal effects my surveyors view at a premove survey.

I have created a 10 column x 20 row spreadsheet which is ideal and I collapse and expand the spreadsheet to view room by room throughout a typical home.

The check boxes mean recording items quickly is very simple. The problem is of course I cant edit the spreadsheet and activate the tick boxes on an iPhone/iTouch.

Is there any solution which will allow me to tick the boxes?

Would seriously appreciate any help or advice.

Steve Jobs - are you reading this???

Cheers & Happy New Year to All.

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

I've also been searching for a way to do this. I keep track of my personal finances via a numbers spreadsheet and it would help me a great deal if I could input my daily expenses on the fly via my iPhone. Unfortunately I havn't had any luck with a solution. So far the closest thing was to use google docs and an excel spreadsheet. I haven't actually tried that yet but in theory it should work. I don't want to give up my numbers spreadsheet though. :)

3. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

You could buy/get a remote connection app and use the spreadsheet on your computer.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

a simple google search on "edit excel on iphone" will turn up lots of options.

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

The OP is asking about iWork's Numbers not MS Excel. So, that google search or other variations wouldn't be too helpful since Numbers isn't hugely popular.

6. lfine39 macrumors member

I use Bento to keep my same spreadsheet on iphone and Mac for my business....... only problem is spreadsheet doesn't show up great on iPhone but it works for me...

7. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Bento doesn't allow for editing though, does it?

8. claidheamdanns, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

claidheamdanns macrumors newbie

claidheamdanns

Solution

To check the tick box in an Numbers file on your iPhone/iPod touch, Double-Tap on the cell that has the checkbox. You will notice that it says "false" in a green bar at the top. Tap the checkbox next to the word "false," and it will change to "true." When you confirm this change, by clicking the checkmark in the top right corner, it will close out the dialog, and the box in the your list will be checkmarked.

To me, this is not a very intuitive solution, but it works.

By the way, once you've double-clicked on one of your checkboxes, as long as you keep the dialog box open, you can just go down the list and click any of the boxes on/off. You don't have to click up next to the word "false." Once you are done with all the boxes you want to tick, just click the top-right checkmark to close the dialog box.

9. bigbowlofjelly macrumors member

Think when this was originally posted iWork for iPhone had not been released

10. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

It had not, but it should work just fine now.