Editing Keyframe Animations in FCPX?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JuicyJones, May 10, 2012.

1. JuicyJones macrumors member

I know this can be done in Motion but I was wondering if FCPX offers this same functionality (I'm pretty sure 7 did...) Can you still edit Keyframe Animations like you can in Motion? For example, you do a bunch of keyframing and a have bunch of moving objects and one object is moving a little too slow or fast, so in Motion you can pull up Keyframe Animations (CMD+7) and make minor adjustments?

I apologize if I'm not using the right terminology, I do this as a hobby and not professionally :)

2. floh macrumors 6502

Hi!

First of all: I'm also just a hobbyist, but since nobody answered so far, I can maybe say something which might partly help...

In FCPX, there is nothing as comfortable and nice as Motion's Keyframe Editor (I suppose you meant Cmd-9...)! But it helped me a lot when I found out a specialty that is a little hidden:

- select a clip on the Timeline of FCPX
    - press Control-V (or click on the small sign at the left top and choose "show video animations")
    - all video effects you applied will show up above the clip
    - all of these that allow keyframing will have a small brighter blue triangle on a tiny dark blue rectangle showing up at the very right of the clip
    - If you click on this triangle, you have kind of a keyframe editor. Not as powerful and comfortable, but it might do the trick...

I was very surprised and happy when I found these two very small checkboxes.