Editing mp3's into Ringtones

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tuner4life, Jul 20, 2007.

1. tuner4life macrumors newbie

This is for the people that have used http://www.hacktheiphone.com/index.html and unlocked their phone

First download wavepad then open whatever mp3 file you want as a ringtone. Next edit the length of the ringtone by selecting and cutting out the unwanted parts. Once you got the the part that you want as your ringtone highlight and select the whole mp3, now heres the part to make them sound good, go up to effects and go to high-pass filter. then go to the preset that says General Audio Cleanup. After that you go to effects again and then click amplify and set it to 150% gain....once you save it to your computer it will save as a wav file so you will need to convert it back over to an mp3 and then you should be good to go to use jailbreak's iphoneinterface :apple:

2. SiLeNtKiLLa macrumors member

Works great...rings sound wwwwaaayyy better now!

3. tuner4life thread starter macrumors newbie

ur welcome ;)

4. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

5. tuner4life thread starter macrumors newbie

yes this is true but not everyone that has an iphone also has a mac to make ringtones on garageband, such as myself....im a windows user so i made this out for other people like me ;)

6. Djmx macrumors 6502

Can i make it Louder in Gargeband..? can u please tell me how?? i dnt wanna mess with the gain volume it messes up the quailty and the bass or wutever u call it ...

7. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I use Audacity it's really easy to use, just load up the mp3, then highlight and trim. I believe it's a windows program, but if you can duo boot run the program in windows and then copy it over to your mac.

8. tuner4life thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i tried using audacity and when i loaded them onto the iphone they were too quiet and when i would try to edit the volume to make them louder, they ringtones would sound wayyy too bassy on the phone

9. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

its a mac program as well