editing mts file in premiere

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cpnotebook80, Apr 20, 2011.

1. cpnotebook80, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

hi all
    I switched to adobe premiere since i cant import mts file from my panasonic tm700 over in fce and i tried those converting softwares which only seem to reduce quality and downconvert to 30fps.

so far i like premiere
    I have one issue, maybe a plugin could solve it, the HD video is not as sharp so i use a sharpening plugin but i still see some noise and denoiser just blurs it out which cancels the sharpening. So not sure what i can do there. I wonder how those tv HD look sharp without some noise lol.

also, exporting. The original file is 1080p 60fps. I do like the film look and wondering how i can get 24fps using my footage at 60fps. I tried exporting it do a preset that is 24fps but cant see the difference. I cant really tell 60fps vs 24fps.

exporting to mp4 1080p HD is ok but quality is not the greatest. Its not sharp sharp unless im looking for too much perfection in the clip mmm.
    I guess adding all the filters etc does reduce the quality from the original raw clip down a bit.

i did find out below to change fps
    right-click them or go to Clip > Modify > Interpret Footage, and look at the Frame Rate section.

any advice would be great
    thanks

2. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did change footage to 24fps but after rendering the clip seemed slow mowed and it was weird
    not sure if that was the intent?

3. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

First off, Mpeg streamclip if used to convert an MTS file to Apple Pro Res 422 would not reduce the quality of the video and you can set the framerate to 60fps.

As for the video in premiere not looking as sharp, could it be that it was out of focus to begin with or the fact that you have not rendered your video? A sharpening plugin is really a joke, it won't add any more detail to your video than what you already have.

As for 60fps vs 24fps, the only real way you will notice is if you originally shot in 24p. When you convert from 60 to 24 it's not the same as natively recording at 24fps and most of the time it is hard to see the difference unless you know what you are looking for.

When exporting to mp4 you are compressing the video so you have to find the balance between a large file size and quality or low quality and file size.