Editing of DVB-T2 transport stream

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rich-GB, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Rich-GB macrumors newbie

Hi

New to mac os and video editing (and this forum), so please excuse anything that is not clear.

I'm trying to edit a DVB-T2 TS stream (i.e. clip start/end/adverts), from a Humax HDR-Fox PVR recording.

I can demux the stream for a SD recording using ProjectX and then remux using Avidemux to create an mpeg-2 clip. So far, so good (though ProjectX won't work with HD clips).

But then I tried to use MPEG Streamclip to edit the mpeg-2, only to find that it needed the Quicktime mpeg-2 playback component, and would not work.

Now my 2011 macbook pro (snow leopard) came with QT X and not QT 7, and the mpeg-2 playback component can't be used. I also read that QT 7 could be installed alongside QT X, so I downloaded it, only to have the installation fail with a message something like "this version of quicktime cannot be installed because quicktime X is already present"

So rather disappointed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making progress, either with the editing the mpeg-2 or for demuxing a HD stream?

Please let me know if I should post any other details.

Many thanks in advance
    Rich_GB

2. weckart macrumors 68040

Late reply, but nonetheless.. Try MPEG Streamclip to do basic editing of .ts clips. You can export to other formats if you need to do more beyond clipping. You need to install Apple's MPEG-2 playback codec if you haven't already.

3. jrg_i macrumors newbie

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3678

The MPEG2 component doesn't actually require you to use the QT7 player (but it's handy to have it if you want to use Perian to playback some formats). It's just the QT7 infrastructure that MPEG-Streamclip uses, and it works fine under Snow Leopard.